Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cappuccino Blossoms

So I have to take cookies to one of our family gatherings. It just so happens that I had found a new cookie recipe that I was dying to try! First problem - it called for instant espresso. My lovely grandma had a muffin recipe that called for it and she couldn't find it in these parts of the valley. So I took her word for it and did a search for some online. And wah-lah! Found some with FREE shipping! I'll take 2 please! It can be found here.
Anyway - onto the recipe.
You'll need the following ingredients:


1 cup unsalted butter, softned
6 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup coffee liqueur
2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp instant espresso
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped, salted, roasted almonds
42 dark chocolate kisses
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter at medium speed with mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars; beating well. Add coffee liquer, beat well. Stire together flour and next 4 ingredients. Add to butter mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in almonds. (If desired, store dough in airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week.) Drop cookies on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden (Bake chilled dough 11-12 minutes). Remove from oven and press 1 kiss into center of each cookie. Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes and transfer to wire rack and cool completely (About 1 hour).

I made a few modifications to the recipe - I omitted the almonds and instead of inserting the kisses, I mixed in 3/4 - 1 cup of mini chocolate chips.

And they are divine! Enjoy!
Have a Merry Christmas!

1 comment: